Beef Satay is the perfect, light summer meal. Use your favourite marinade or try this one the next time you make these. They literally melt in your mouth. Make sure you cut your beef thin and let it marinade for at least an hour or more depending the cut of beef you use.
If you are using a cheaper cut of steak like I did (inside round), ensure you have acid in your marinade to tenderize the steak and let marinate for longer than an hour if you can. With this meal I par-boiled some baby potatoes, let them cool, skewered them and added olive oil, salt and pepper. A few minutes on the grill finished them off.
This is an easy and tasty meal to get your Summer Grilling on!
- 1-2 lbs Inside Round Steak
- ¼ cup sherry
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 garlic scape rough chopped and pressed a few times to soften
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- ½ tsp sambal oelek
- 20 bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- Mix together sherry, soy sauce, garlic scape, sesame oil, oyster sauce and sambal oelek. Pour into a clear plastic zip up bag and set aside.
- Cut your steak into thin slices. Add to marinade. Squish all together, close bag and place in fridge to marinate at least one hour or longer. Let your bamboo skewers soak during this time.
- Remove from marinade and thread beef onto skewers.
- On a preheated grill over medium-high, grill the satay skewers for 2-3 minutes per side or until done.
- These skewers are so flavourful they do not need any dip or sauce. Enjoy!