These cookies came to be when the kids and I decided to fuse the mini chocolate Easter eggs we were munching on with a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Needless to say it worked exceptionally well and so our Chocolate Easter Egg Cookies were born.
These cookies are easy to make and with double the chocolate, really fun to eat. Take your favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe, pick up some Mini Chocolate Eggs and you are ready to begin. Doubling this recipe is also a good idea since they don’t last for long.
Here is my go to chewy chocolate chip recipe.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2¾ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2¼ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 cups Cadbury Mini Easter Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- In a large bowl and using a hand mixer (or kitchenaid) beat butter until smooth. Slowly beat in sugar & brown sugar. Add your eggs & vanilla.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon & salt. Stir into wet ingredients. Drop in your chocolate chips and mix well.
- Drop onto parchment lined cookie sheets about 1-2 inches apart. Once cookie sheet is full, gently press in 2 easter eggs.
- Once all cookies have eggs; bake in oven for 8-9 minutes, turning/rotating half way through until edges lightly browned.
- Let cool completely on racks. Can be frozen (2 wks). Makes about 2 dozen delicious, chewy chocolate chip cookies.