I loved cooked peaches. They give up their juices as they cook and are so delicious this time of the year. Perhaps these are memories from childhood. Either way this experiment of adding ripe peaches to pizza turned out really, really good. It started with fig jam on a pita, topped with sliced, ripe peaches, and a few other tasty bites. Then became the perfect lunch which left me wanting more. The only thing I would do different next time is add some seasoned grilled chicken or shrimp if I had it.
I will be making these again. Like tomorrow. I have a Ladies/Mom’s Wine Night planned for tomorrow evening, and needed to make a tasty, summery, simple bite. After success with the peach pizza flavour combination, I decided to try and make a smaller, appetizer version for the wine night. Using a glass, I cut small circles out of one of the leftover pitas and proceeded to make mini versions of the peach pizza. Turned out fabulous and these will be my offering for our Wine Night.
- 2 thick whole wheat pitas
- 2 tbsp of fig jam or fig spread
- 1 ripe peach, sliced thin
- ⅓ cup fresh blueberries, sliced in half
- 1-2 large bocconcini balls, sliced (or any fresh mozzarella)
- couple leaves fresh mint, torn into smaller pieces
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- In a bowl, mix 1 tsp water with fig jam to loosen. Spread or brush on your pitas.
- Add peach, blueberries and bocconcini slices.
- Sprinkle with pepper and bake in the over for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven when cheese melted and sprinkle with fresh mint.
- Serve & enjoy.