It might be hard to believe but our Banana Orange Honey Muffins are made without sugar and without eggs!
We try to use less white sugar and find suitable replacements. Honey or maple syrup are our go to when replacing white sugar and we almost always have success.
To make these muffins I added leftover orange honey and mashed banana instead of sugar. They turned out really good with just a hint of orange, and now I’m not so afraid to replace sugar with honey in other recipes!
No worries if you don’t have honey or maple syrup on hand, use 1/2 cup white sugar in replace of the honey. Adding orange zest and juice adds to the flavour especially if you do not have orange honey, which I usually do not!
Let me know what you think of these muffins in the comments if you make them. They are super moist, tasty and great for snacks and breakfast!
- 4-5 mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare muffin tins with liners or coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl beat together bananas, oil, honey, orange zest and orange juice.
- In a second medium sized bowl sift together your flour, baking soda, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Add chocolate chips and toss lightly.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet and stir until just combined. Spoon into muffin cups about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on racks and keep in container with a lid.