A quick and easy meal your family will love cause it’s simple. The kids think these are just “big” chicken fingers and one eats it with plum sauce. The other BBQ sauce (not complaining). The dressing on the salad is so simple and light. The whole meal cooks up quickly and is perfect for a busy activity night or night where you just don’t feel like cooking much.
Chicken Milanese has variations. Some fry the chicken and the salad is more basic than what I’ve made. I like to bake the chicken in the oven. It still crisps up and tastes great. Add a few extras to the salad and it’s just as delicious.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (total of 6)
- 1 1/2 cups toasted bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups arugula and spinach
- Half a small spanish onion sliced thin
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- lemon wedges for plate
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of wax paper and pound with a mallet or rolling pin to about 1/2 inch thick. Set aside.
- You will need 3 pie plates or similar size vessels. In first add flour and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Mix. Second add your beaten eggs. Third is your bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Dredge chicken in flour coating all over. Dip in eggs and finally in bread crumbs. Place on rack on baking sheet.
- Bake (no need to flip) for about 10-15 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking whisk together olive oil and lemon juice. Add in a pinch of salt and pepper. Add arugula & spinach, red onion and cherry tomatoes. Toss until mixed.
- Serve salad over chicken with a lemon wedge.