These colourful treats are sure to be a hit at your next Halloween gathering. Creepy Crispy Rice Treats are easy to make using Halloween sprinkles and melted marshmallows!
Creepy Crispy Rice Treats
These rice crispy treats are a play on a favourite dessert known as rice crispy treats.
Pull them together at the last minute to hand out to your favourite ghouls. All you need is rice krispies, chocolate, marshmallows and a few sprinkles. This recipe can be used during all holidays as long as you have the holiday sprinkles on hand!
Halloween Party Treats
Typically everyone leans towards cupcakes when it comes to a Halloween gathering or at least that’s what we’ve seen at Halloween parties. I however like to pull the “be different” card and try something different. Let me tell you I’ve had my share of crazy ideas!
I made these treats on a last minute whim for my kids school Halloween dance bake sale. They sold out within the hour. This means I hit all the wants: colourful, intriguing, chocolate and delicious! Plus. they were easy! Shhhhhh.
We certainly love Halloween and the mom’s and I always have a Halloween gathering every year where there have been many crazy concoction! There have been some fun, spooky bites let me tell you!
Here’s a few more spooky Halloween recipes you may want to try!
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans or #wandabaker
- 1/3 cup butter
- 60-70 large marshmallows
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 cups rice krispies
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, wafers or chunks
- food colouring
- Halloween sprinkles
- In a large pot, over low heat melt butter. Add marshmallows. Stir occasionally until gooey. This takes a little time as you need to keep your heat low or the marshmallows can burn to the bottom of the pot.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla (eyeball it...a little more doesn't hurt).
- Pour in rice krispies and stir until combined.
- Spray a 9x13" pan with cooking spray.
- Pour rice krispies into pan. With buttered hands press down until even. Set aside to cool.
- Pour white chocolate into microwave safe bowl and microwave 40-60 seconds or until softened, stirring at 20 second increments.
- Add drops of your food colouring, stirring after each addition until you reach your desired colour.
- Pour melted chocolate over rice krispies, spreading for even consistency.
- Top with your favourite ghoulish sprinkles.
- Allow to cool in refrigerator for 30 minutes for chocolate to set up.
When using a 9x13 pan this recipe makes 15 large squares. You could easily double the amount of squares by cutting them smaller.