Crockpot Cinnamon Hot Chocolate is a comforting, hot, welcoming mug of deliciousness ready for you to enjoy when you come home. Whether you are enjoying some outdoor winter sports like skating or sledding, out walking the dog or running errands, this hot cocoa will be ready to greet you when you walk in the door!
Crockpot Cinnamon Hot Chocolate
One of my favourite childhood food memories involves hot chocolate and skating on a frozen lake while my dad ice fished in Northern British Columbia. I wasn’t a good skater back then and admittedly I’m still not a good skater but I always make time to create and enjoy the best cup of hot cocoa when out with the family while they skate!
- Milk: I try to use whole milk when making hot chocolate as it offers a creamier drink, however 2% will also work
- Chocolate: Chips, chunks or even bars broken up will work. Sometimes I prefer milk chocolate and sometimes its all dark chocolate.
- Cinnamon: Ground cinnamon is stronger than using sticks but either will do. If using ground add, taste, add taste until you are happy with the taste!
- Maple Syrup: Is my sweetener of choice! Honey will work or sugar.
- Cocoa Powder: For that extra velvety chocolate experience!
- Vanilla: Flavour enhancer
- Sea Salt: For a fuller chocolate flavour!
Whisk together ingredients in a bowl and pour into your crockpot, or toss all in the pot and mix – saving an extra dish!
Something to look forward to
We spend a lot of time outdoors in the winter, sledding, skating, playing in the snow. The promise of warm hot cocoa topped with marshmallows is never far from our minds. While it’s easier most days to grab a premade mix, taking a few extra minutes to make hot chocolate from scratch is well worth the time and effort!
If you love chocolate as much as we do, give these recipes a try!
- Chocolate Rum Creme Brulee
- Dulce de Leche Hot Chocolate
- Hot Chocolate Waffles
- Chocolate Gingerbread Brownies
- Nanaimo Bars
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans. Please share your comments below if you make our Crockpot Cinnamon Hot Chocolate.
- 4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch sea salt
- Toss all ingredients into a smaller, round (mini) crockpot. Stir in the cocoa powder, put lid on and let it cook for 2 - 2.5 hours on high. Stir once or twice to incorporate melted chocolate.
- Around the 2 - 2.5 hour mark, remove lid and stir to ensure all combined. Pour into a mug, top with marshmallows or whipping cream.