Using up leftover rotisserie chicken just got easier with this Crunchy Asian Chicken Salad.
There’s something to be said about roasting more than one chicken at a time or in our case buying two rotisserie chickens from the store when time is not on our side.
While the chicken’s are sometimes smaller, it is also cheaper for us to buy them pre-cooked.
One of my favourite things to do is cook once and eat twice using leftovers. Lots of great food can be made using leftover chicken like casseroles, soups, salads, quesadillas, tacos, taquitos, nachos, pot pies, pasta dishes, sandwiches, wraps and more. It’s a winning situation as long as you are prepared for meal 2 or 3.
This Crunchy Asian Chicken Salad is a family pleasing quick dinner that can be ready in under 30 minutes or less if you cook your chicken the night before. Or buy it like we often do.
Toss together all ingredients, add dressing and top the salad with crunchy itchiban noodles and toasted cashews just before serving.
What do you love making with leftover chicken or turkey (which can be subbed in for any dish that calls for chicken).
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce sliced thin
- 1 cup red cabbage sliced thin
- 2 radishes sliced thin
- 4 scallions sliced thin
- 2 carrots grated
- 1/2 bell pepper diced
- sprigs of cilantro rough chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 3/4 cups cashews lightly toasted
- 2 package Vermicelli Noodles cooked as per pkg instructions and drained
- 2 grilled chicken breasts sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sambal oelek
- In a large bowl combine iceberg lettuce, red cabbage, radishes, scallions, carrots, bell pepper and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make dressing: In measuring cup or bowl whisk together rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, sugar and sambal oelek until smooth.
- Divide among four individual serving bowls, and in each bowl add salad, vermicelli noodles and top with chicken. Drizzle all with dressing, and sprinkle with cashews an itchiban noodles if using.