The one thing about making a chocolate bark is the variations are endless. And it’s super easy. Start with your favourite chocolate (white or brown), grab a few candies, nuts or pretzels, and you are ready to go.
I made this one yesterday, in time for St. Patrick’s Day, all the while trying to use up as much leftover Christmas baking candies as I could. Green smarties, green sprinkles, green m&m’s…it was fun sorting through it all only to realize I have a heck of a lot of Christmas candies leftover, still. I should have done this on Valentine’s Day too with all the red candies. Note to self for next year.
I considered doing a quick drizzle of milk chocolate on top, but was in too much of a hurry to get it done in time for the kids. The kids will love getting involved in making these and probably sampling the goods as they go.
- 6 oz white chocolate 1 box of Baker's Squares + 2 cups white chocolate wafers
- 1/2 cup mixed green candies m&m's, smarties, sprinkles
- 1/3 cup pretzels broken up
- Add all chocolate to a glass or microwave safe bowl.
- Put in microwave, set to low power, and turn on stirring every 30-40 seconds. Continue to do this until most of chocolate is melted. Depending on your microwave it should take between 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir until remaining chocolate has melted. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Stir green candies into melted & cooled chocolate. Pour onto parchment or foil lined cookie sheet (or jelly roll pan, the larger the better) and spread it out. Shaking the pan helps move the chocolate around.
- Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes, then break into pieces.
- Serve or put into plastic bags and freeze until ready to enjoy.