This Grilled Veggie, Pesto & Bocconcini pizza is inspired by my leftover grilled veggies. I loved grilled veggies (mushrooms, peppers, onions, zucchini) and in the summer we grill them frequently. Leftovers usually find their way into omelets or pasta dishes. This time however, I decided to put the leftovers on a pita and make yet another version of a pita pizza.
- 1/2 cup grilled leftover veggies or more
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup feta
- 1/4 cup pearl bocconcini cheese
- 1/4 cup old cheddar grated
- 3-4 leaves basil sliced (chiffonade)
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 whole wheat pita
- Turn oven on to broil. Spread pesto on your pita.
- Add your grilled veggies spreading all over (I used more than 1/2 a cup but I love them). Sprinkle on your feta, bocconcini & cheddar. I always add parmesan on a pizza so this was sprinkled on as well.
- Add your basil and a drizzle of olive oil. Broil in oven or on hot grill for about 2-3 minutes or until cheese melted and bubbling. I bake mine on a pizza stone but a cookie sheet or pizza pan will work.
- Remove from oven, let sit for a few minutes before slicing. This pizza is dynamite!