A great way to use up that extra Halloween Candy, and chocolate is to make bark. You can use dark or milk chocolate in place of the white, and the variations of bark are endless. This year I hit the bulk bins early to pick up some candy for my sons Birthday Monster Cupcakes. I always tend to overshoot the moon and buy more than what I need giving me….leftover candy!
I always find if I don’t get rid of the candy/chocolate, I will eat it. Just a piece here there…but eventually it disappears. So to avoid this temptation, I decided to toss it all into some bark. The kids love it and it goes pretty fast.
Make sure you have chocolate wafers or melting chocolate. Mix everything right in reserving a few pieces to dot on top just to pretty it up. It all tastes the same whether you mix the candy all in, or perfectly drop the pieces on top.
- 4 cups white chocolate melting wafers
- 2 cups candy and chopped chocolate bars
- Melt chocolate in the top of a double boiler or on low heat in microwave. Let cool and set aside.
- Toss in mixed candy and chocolate stirring well.
- Pour onto parchment or foil lined cookie sheet (or jelly roll pan, the larger the better). Refrigerate for 30 minutes, remove and break into pieces.
- Store in a ziplock freezer bag and try not to eat it all at once.