Oh the fun you can have with making holiday bark and incorporating all kinds of candy and even googly eyes! Halloween Bark uses up candy after Halloween ensuring this ghoulish holiday lasts a little longer!
Making a candy bark using leftover candy on any holiday is a fantastic way to get the candy out of the house! Well after you eat the bark that is.
Velvety chocolate is combined with your favourite chocolate, nuts, candy, chocolate bars, even dried fruit or pretzels creating a delicious anytime snack.
Ever lost and wondering what to do with leftover Halloween candy like us? For me it sits in the house and calls out my name. So I have to find ways to get rid of it quickly and efficiently!
Chop it all up and dunk it in chocolate, cool it and bam you have Halloween Bark.
What kind of chocolate do I use?
Any kind of melting chocolate. Even the coloured chocolate wafers. Orange, red, green or black would certainly add an effect to this bark!
When it’s time to add your candy or chocolates, mix everything right in reserving a few pieces to dot on top just to pretty it up.
- Halloween bark is more than just candy! Put in broken Girl Guide or Scout cookies, googly eyes, gummy candy, even leftover broken candy bars!
- Make a double batch. Seriously this stuff goes like hotcakes around here.
- Store in refrigerator or freeze
Here’s some spooktacular Halloween recipes we love:
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans or #wandabaker
- 4 cups white chocolate melting wafers
- 2 cups candy and chopped chocolate bars
- Melt chocolate in the top of a double boiler or on low heat in microwave. Let cool and set aside.
- Toss in mixed candy and chocolate stirring well.
- Pour onto parchment or foil lined cookie sheet (or jelly roll pan, the larger the better). Refrigerate for 30 minutes, remove and break into pieces.
- Store in a ziplock freezer bag and try not to eat it all at once.