Flavourful and moist, Mini Meatloaves are baked in muffin tins, stuffed with cheese, then topped with cheese! They become the perfect easy meal when served with a side salad.
Hard to believe I have been making these for longer than my kids have been around! Sometimes I wonder where they time has gone.
We didn’t grow up eating meatloaf, but as I’ve mentioned before I had many food adventures while living in Vancouver and I was single so I had to learn to cook smaller portions for just myself. These are and were the perfect bites for one!
Like pizza, you can enjoy them hot or cold, topped with more sauce, fresh herbs, even more cheese! They are even delicious in lunches and squished into a burger bun!
For burgers it’s always best to use an 80/20 blend ensuring you get some fat in the mix to help keep them moist and flavourful. With these little bites you don’t want oodles of fat coming out of them so we like to use lean ground beef.
They will get a little extra fat from the cheese and flavourings ensuring a moist bite.
Super Easy to Make
- Gently combine beef, stuffing, water and seasoning. Divide meat into 12 portions.
- Place into greased or sprayed muffin tins.
- Press in cheese cubes, cover meat and top with sauce.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Top with cheese and bake another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Ways to serve these Mini Meatloaves
We tend to eat these meatloaves with a side salad of some sort. Although we have dabbled in the unusual!
Delicious with any variation of cooked potatoes.
Try them on fully rice or with buttered egg noodles.
Cut into slices them and line a pita adding your favourite veggies and of course more sauce! Or cut, wrap and roll. We do love our wraps here!
Sandwich them between burger buns or slice and layer onto a hearty piece of toasted bread. Avocado optional.
- Swap out ground beef for pork, chicken, turkey, even ground lamb.
- Try a different sauce like pizza, Teriyaki, hot sauce, barbecue, even an apricot jam spread on top is delish.
- Replace stuffing mix with 2 cups croutons and a pinch of rosemary, thyme, sage, oregano, basil or Italian seasonings.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans
- 1-2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 pkg. stuffing mix any flavour or 1 cup croutons
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning oregano, basil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cheese sticks cut into cubes or mozzarella cheese cut into cubes
- 1/2-3/4 cup favourite pasta sauce
- 3/4 cup Marble cheese
- Cooking spray
- In a bowl mix together your ground beef, stove top stuffing or croutons and 1 cup water
- Turn oven on to 375°F. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Carefully mix meat, stuffing mix, water and Italian spices until blended without over mixing. Press evenly into 12 muffin tins.
- In the centre of each meatball muffin push in one cube of cheese covering with surrounding meat mixture. Make a small indentation in centre of each one.
- Add a small spoonful of pasta sauce into the indentations.
- Bake 20-25 min. or until meatloaves are cooked through. Top with cheese and continue baking for 5 additional minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve.
>3 tsp. chili powder, 1/2 cup salsa (or more), 3/4 cup spicy Havarti or a tex mex cheese blend.
>2 tsp. garlic or onion powder, 1/2 cup BBQ sauce, 1/2 cup cheez whiz or grated cheddar or smoked cheese
>2 tsp dried basil, 1/2 cup pizza sauce, 1/2 cup grated mozzarella or provolone cheese