I’ve had my eye on this recipe for a while (like years). I specifically bought white chocolate wafers before Christmas so I could make this recipe. However hosting my first ever Christmas Cookie Exchange and making the usual suspects (Christmas Baking) overloaded us with Christmas goodies and as such…it didn’t happen.
With four days until Valentine’s Day, white chocolate wafers & leftover candy canes to use up, I decided today was the day to try out this recipe. And what a great Valentine’s Day treat it turned out to be (with a peppermint twist).
In fact next year I may crush cinnamon hearts instead of candy canes and make it as a class treat for Valentine’s Day!
- 18-20 cups popped popcorn I air popped a batch and a half
- 3 cups white chocolate wafers
- 1/2 cup candy canes or cinnamon hearts finely crushed
- Put your chocolate wafers in a glass bowl and place over top a simmering pot (or use double boiler). As the chocolate starts to melt stir constantly until smooth.
- Pop your popcorn and place in a large bowl. Pour melted chocolate over popcorn, stirring until evenly coated. Sprinkle with crushed candy and toss gently until combined.
- Spread mixture on a parchment or wax paper lined baking sheet and refrigerate until coating hardens. As it was -12C outside when I made this treat I was able to set it outside for 10 minutes and it set up nicely.
- Break popcorn up into pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.