Tropical flavours with a hint of nutmeg and lemon zest make these Pina Colada Muffins irresistible!
My love for muffins began when I moved to Vancouver in the 90’s. I started buying and eventually making every combination of muffin I thought would work. And then giving them away to my friends since I had way to many muffins in my little apartment freezer.
Our Pina Colada Muffins combine all the tropical flavours you expect in the alcoholic variation of a Pina Colada, with a hint of nutmeg and lemon zest thrown in for some light zip.
You can make these in regular sized muffin tins – it will make 24. Or when the kids were little I would make them in mini muffin tins perfect for little hands. You may get close to 48 of the mini’s. We use whole wheat flour in this recipe and canola oil.
Super moist, super delicious.
- Drain the crushed pineapple and you should have enough juice leftover for the recipe.
- You can toast the coconut if you wish and add to the top of the muffins before baking.
- Do not over mix your batter.
Looking for more muffin recipes, check out:
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups packaged brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 3/4 cup drained canned crushed pineapple
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour through salt. Add coconut and nutmeg, mixing well.
- In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, oil and vanilla. Add milk, pineapple juice and lemon rind. Pour over dry ingredients mixing gently to combine.
- Finally add your crushed pineapple. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon into 24 greased or paper lined muffin tins.
- Sprinkle a little extra coconut on top.
- Bake in center of oven for 18 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch. Switch pans half way through cooking time. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Transfer to racks and let cool completely.