If you love pizza and burgers then you will love these Pizza Burgers!
Our pizza burgers feature pepperoni that’s been chopped up, delicious pizza sauce and a few herbs and spices that are mixed with ground beef providing an undeniably tasty pizza flavoured burger.
We make these pizza burgers whenever we are entertaining as they are always a hit. Also fun to make a couple days before you go camping, freeze and bring them along for a delightful camping meal that will make other campers jealous.
We serve our pizza burgers with fried mushrooms, sometimes peppers and top it all off with mozzarella. However any favourite pizza topping will do.
These pizza burgers are featured on Food Network Canada’s website.
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni we buy it sliced from the deli and then chop it
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1.5 tsp basil dried
- 1.5 tsp oregano dried
- 2 tbsp pizza sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices Cheese provolone or mozzarella
- 8 buns your favourite
- In a large bowl mix together ground beef, pepperoni, basil, oregano, pizza sauce, parmesan cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper until just combined.
- Form 8 burger patties.
- On a pre-heated BBQ, grill your burgers approximately 5 minutes per side over medium high heat.
- Place a slice of cheese on each burger, close lie and allow cheese to melt slightly.
- If you like your buns toasted, now is the time to put your buns on a the grill for about 1 minute or until toasted.
- Remove burgers, please on buns and serve with your favourite pizza toppings and/or condiments.