Quinoa Cucumber & Mint Salad is a simple to make anytime of the year. So impressed was I that hubby really enjoyed this salad. So much so he took it for lunch today. Now if only I could get the kidlets to enjoy quinoa since it is a complete protein and good for you. Here’s hoping one day!
This is a quick-lunch, side dish or even meal for one. Add some roasted/grilled chicken if you wish or it as is. Yum.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cucumber quartered and sliced
- 3-4 green onions sliced
- 1/3 cup packed fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add water quinoa and salt to pot, bring to a boil. Reduce, cover and simmer until water has been absorbed and quinoa tender (about 12-15 minutes). Scoop into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- In a cup, or small bowl whisk together vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Pour it on quinoa and add cucumber, green onions, parsley & mint. Mix well. Adjust seasonings as needed. Pairs nicely with grilled meat.