I try hard to get a new recipe posted every week, but all excuses aside, it’s been a busy summer! Cold weather started upon us the end of August and with it came the desire for warm, hearty dishes. This past week we’ve done two crockpot meals with more on the menu. On colder days comfort food is the food of choice in our house. This Slow Cooker Pork Ribs dish is a fall off the bone, melt in your mouth, kind of comfort food that hugs you.
Try this recipe and you will discover a new way to love ribs, even in the middle of a cold winter! Happy to report my little Aiden loved these ribs and as such they are a keeper.
- 4-5 lbs ribs cut into 2 rib pieces
- 1 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2-3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt and pepper
- spice rub any kind
- 1 small onion finally chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place ribs on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Sprinkle spice rub on both sides and massage in. Brown in oven 10 minutes per side. You may need to turn the heat up to boril for a few minutes to get the brown. Drain fat. Place ribs in a slow cooker.
- In a small saucepan, combine ketchup, hot pepper sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, honey, salt & pepper and onion. Bring to a boil and let simmer 5 minutes. Pour mixture over ribs turning ribs until evenly coated. Cover and cook on LOW about 6 hours or until ribs are tender. Serve immediately.