This easy peasy chicken parmesan recipe has become one of our family favourites. It is quick & simple to make and delicious. We always seem to serve it with noodles.
This recipe varies every time I make it since I use my own tomato sauce. Feel free to use your favourite jarred sauce as well. Sometimes I like to use a spicy or crispy shake & bake other times I used crushed corn flakes, crushed ritz crackers or panko bread crumbs. Change it up with whatever you have in your pantry! Topping it with some fresh basil is also a nice touch.
- 4 chicken breasts boneless & skinless
- 3-4 cups homemade tomato sauce or 2 jars of your favourite sauce
- 1 cup grated cheese mozzarella, provolone or a blend & parmesan
- 1 package shake & bake or any type of breading you like
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- Splash of Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- Parmesan Cheese
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Warm tomato sauce.
- In a pie plate mix together shake & bake, oregano, parsley and good handful of parmesan cheese.
- In another deep dish or pie plate mix together flour, salt, pepper and basil.
- In a third dish or bowl mix beat your eggs.
- Start by coasting chicken breasts in flour, then dipping in eggs and finally shake & bake mixture.
- Heat a fry pan to med/high heat. Add oil and butter. Sear chicken about 3-5 minutes or until nicely browned on both sides.
- Spoon a little of the warmed tomato sauce on bottom of greased casserole dish.
- Place chicken breasts on top of tomato sauce in casserole dish, one beside the other so they form a single layer. Sprinkle a good handful of cheese (or cheese slice) on top of each breast. Spoon tomato sauce around the chicken.
- Bake in oven about 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and cheese melted.
- Spoon any leftover sauce over your favourite pasta and serve it with your chicken.