Fusilli with Garlic & Capers is a quick and easy meal when you are in a rush. If you are looking for some protein, toss in some shrimp or grill up some pork chops or chicken breasts if time allows or even prosciutto or pancetta would be lovely in this pasta dish.
If you do not have fusilli, use bows or any other medium sized pasta. For my photo I used bows. Equally devine.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4-6 cloves garlic mashed or chopped
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup drained capers chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley flat leaf or curley
- 500 g 16oz fusilli pasta, cooked & drained
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried chili flakes
- pinch of dried oregano
- Heat oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes or just until light golden. Do not overcook. Add chili flakes, oregano, bread crumbs, capers and parsley. Cook stirring until bread crumbs are light golden, about 2 minutes. Toss bread crumb mixture with hot cooked fusilli. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and another glug of olive oil. Serve immediately.