We have been testing recipes using Reese Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread and came up with these fabulous Reese Peanut Butter Chocolate Nanaimo Bars.
I’m beyond excited and fully wearing my fat pants. Why you ask? Well since the product arrived, truth be known, I’ve been diligently taste testing it every day, with a spoon, to ensure it hasn’t gone bad. I do what I have to for the people. Reese Peanut Butter Cups are one of my favourite indulgences and I’ll let you in on a little secret – Reese Peanut Butter Cups taste amazing squished into a S’more.
Nanaimo Bars are a dessert served mostly around the holidays and a recipe I know like the back of my hand since I helped my mom make it growing up. The good old Canadian Nanaimo Bar is a Canadian favourite and honestly they can be made any time of the year. Like summer. The Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread was the perfect change up for our usual Nanaimo Bar Recipe, they are simply delicious.
What ways do you enjoy Reese Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread?!
This post is sponsored by Hershey’s Canada and I’ve been compensated monetarily and with product to create a new recipe.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 cups graham wafer crumbs crushed
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cup Reeses Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread
- 2 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- 8 ounces 1 box semi sweet chocolate squares
- 2 tbsp butter
- Assemble Base:
- In a double boiler (over medium high heat) add 3/4 cup butter, sugar, cocoa, vanilla & egg, whisking until well combined. Stir until mixture reaches a custard like consistency (thickens slightly).
- Mix in graham wafer crumbs and coconut. Stir until combined and press into ungreased 8x8 or 9x9 square baking pan.
- Assemble middle:
- In a large microwave safe bowl add 4 tbsp butter and Reeses Peanut Butter Chocolate Spread. Microwave on medium - low in 30 second increments until completely melted. Add icing sugar one cup at a time and alternate mixing with 1 tbsp of milk until all icing sugar is used. Your mixture consistency should be creamy & delicious. Spread evenly over your base and refrigerate until firmed up.
- Assemble top:
- In a microwaveable bowl add butter and semi sweet chocolate. Melt chocolate/butter on low in 30-40 second increments stirring in between. Continue until chocolate almost melted. Remove and stir until remaining chocolate is completely smooth. Pour chocolate over squares and give a little shake to evenly distribute. Refrigerate to harden top layer of chocolate before cutting and serving.