Mix, marinate if time allows, turn on your crockpot and let these Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken Wings cook while you prepare the rest of your meal!
Why the Slow Cooker?
When I fry the wings I tend to do it outside on the burner of our BBQ to avoid grease splatter all over my kitchen. I’m avoiding purchasing a deep fryer as it’s another appliance I do not have room for! Can any one else relate?
As a chicken wing lover I do prefer my wings to be crispy vs fatty. These slow cooker wings are finished in the oven at high heat ensuring a crispy finish.
Other Ways to Use Chicken Wings
Besides eating them of course?!
We use chicken wings to help make our gravy when roasting a turkey. Roasting the raw wings with aromatic herbs and vegetables provides a depth of flavour to the gravy. Another use is to toss them into soup, like chicken noodle soup.
Since these wings slow cook in the crockpot, they end up incredibly moist and practically fall off the bone. Putting them under the broiler for a few minutes makes them crispy on the outside yet they remain moist on the inside.
Looking for other chicken recipes?
Thinking about buying your own slow cooker?! Check out 10 Best Slow Cookers of 2019, According to Appliance Experts.
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans.
- 20 chicken wings tips removed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ginger freshly grated
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- In a large bowl mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, a pinch of pepper and sesame oil.
- Add chicken wings and stir to coat.
- Pour all into oval slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 2- 2.5 hours.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Remove from slow cooker and place on baking sheet with a rack.
- Broil for 5 minutes, turn chicken wings over and broil for another 5 minutes. Watch them carefully.
- Serve with a little of the slow cooker sauce drizzled over top.