Everyone loves to dive into this slimy Halloween Swamp Dip complete with fallen tree tops and logs! Fresh herbs, feta, scallions and avocado offer a bright, fresh tasting dip perfect for your Halloween festivities!
I’ve been making this dip for years using Uncle Dan’s California Dill dip mix. A secret betrothed to me by friends during office potlucks in the 90’s.
While I still use the dip on occasion and highly recommend it in a pinch because it tastes fabulous, these days I try to use fresh herbs and ingredients I normally have on hand to make this dip really howl on Halloween!
An Anytime Dip
While we might call this our Halloween Swamp Dip, truth is you can make this dip any time of the year. Here’s other times this dip, similar to a green goddess dip, come in handy:
- The fresh herbs make it a perfect pair for summer crudites.
- Whip up a batch for St. Patrick’s Day and serve it with all things green.
- Dress it up with red peppers or pomegranate seeds for your Christmas spread.
- I blanch the broccoli for 1-2 minutes or steam and drain to give it that bright green colour.
- I prefer the thicker pretzel sticks vs thin ones but sometimes you have to buy what you can find in the stores so both work!
- If time is on your side let the mixture sit in the refrigerator for a couple hours to blend flavours.
If you like this recipe and are looking for more fun and festive Halloween bites, we’ve got some more recipes to tantalize your taste buds.
More Halloween Recipes to check out
- Witches Hat Cheese Ball
- Popcorn Balls on Sticks
- Pomegranate and Orange Quinoa Salad
- Bats and Cobweb Pasta
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans and please comment below!
- 1/3 cup fresh mint, rough chop
- 1/3 cup fresh dill, rough chop
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, rough chop
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, rough chop
- 1 jalapeno seeded and veins removed
- 2 scallions, ends removed and chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup cup feta
- 1 avocado, stone removed, peeled, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup pretzel sticks
- 1.5 cups broccoli flowers cut into smaller pieces and blanched
- Using a food processor, hand held blender or food chopper blend together mint through olive oil until pureed. Use more olive oil if needed to keep it loose.
- Stir puree into Greek yogurt, sour cream and mayonnaise. Refridgerate until ready to serve.
- Spread dip on a flat platter or plate. Place pretzels and broccoli around dip to look like fallen trees. Serve.