You won’t believe how simple these taco bowls are to make! Might take you a couple times but rest assured you got this!
A custard cup is all you need to shape the flour tortilla wrap. That, a little time in the oven, a little extra taco seasoning (homemade or store bought) and some cooking spray gives you the perfect vessel to hold your taco salad. Whatever taco seasoning is left over, seal in a ziplock or jar with a lid and save for next time.
These bowls can be used for any kind of salad. Being that they are fairly thin I wouldn’t recommend a warm chili or stew as they would collapse from the moisture. You can also make them in advance, store them in ziplock bags and take them camping.
Have fun with your tacos! Especially when meals are rushed. We’ve make several recipes with tacos including tacos in a bag, tacos wraps, salads, taco nachos, taco pasta and taco pizzas with more experimenting yet to be done! The kids also love making mini taco salads in scoops!
If you love tacos as much as we do, it’s time to channel your inner taco ninja!
- 1 lb ground meat
- 2 packages taco seasoning
- 4 small wraps
- cooking spray
- taco fixin's
- custard cups
- Over medium high heat in a sauce pan, add and brown your meat. Follow instructions on taco seasoning package and cook until liquid absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Turn custard cups upside down and place on baking sheet. Give a quick spray on bottom of cups with cooking spray. Take one wrap and carefully mold it to the bottom of the custard cup, centering it and shaping with your hands to form a bowl shape. They might rip if the wraps are cold, so ensure they are room temperature. Don't worry if the wrap doesn't stick or looks funny, as it bakes in the oven it will follow the shape of the cup and firm up.
- Next spray the bottom of the wrap and sprinkle with extra taco seasoning or even just salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Open oven and carefully remove wraps from custard cups. Put hot custard cups aside to cool down. Place wraps back on baking sheet right side up and allow to bake for another 2 minutes if still soft in the middle. Watching and checking to ensure they do not burn. Once they have firmed up remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cooled I add in lettuce, a scoop of taco meat and whatever fixins float my boat at the time. We like to put the bowls of toppings on the table and let everyone help themselves.