Here’s another awesome way to use leftover roast chicken the next day. This Tandoori Chicken Naan Pizza combines mango chutney, peppers, shredded roast chicken, red onions and mozzarella cheese. Served with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro, it’s the best way to end a busy week!
Tandoori Chicken Naan Pizza
Pizza like art is subjective and as individual as our personalities. Always one to look for new unique ways to use up leftover roast chicken, I created this pizza using some mango chutney as a base. I really adore mango chutney so this is a match made in heaven and fortunately the family agrees.
Naan Bread turned Pizza
We love to make naan pizzas using different ingredients since it’s a quick, easy meal to have especially when popped into your toaster oven on a hot summer night!
Naan bread is the perfect base for individual pizzas. Pile all your favourite toppings on, some cheese, toss in the oven for a few minutes and dinner or lunch is ready.
There are many recipes floating around on how to make your own naan bread. Fortunately it’s also readily available in stores so you decide which way to go.
Birds the word
Save this recipe as one way to use up leftover roast chicken or turkey. You can also poach a few chicken breasts or grill chicken breasts that have been rubbed in spices like curry, tandoori spices or garam masala. Let cool and shred for these pizzas.
Another thing we’ve done is to marinate raw chicken in yogurt and Indian spices, barbecue or roast and then shred for these pizzas.
Any combination works
Use naan bread as the vessel for your favourite pizza combination. It’s a delicious alternative to lunch, dinner or even making a breakfast pizza!
This recipe is enough for one person so double and triple for more. Sometimes I get a little crazy and drizzle on more mango chutney on top right after it comes out of the oven.
- Replace mozza cheese with provolone, havarti, Monterey Jack or gouda.
- Don’t have leftover cooked chicken? Rub some spice on boneless chicken breasts or things, grill and shred once cool enough to touch.
- Replace cilantro with parsley for the green factor.
- Try Tamarind chutney instead of mango chutney.
- Use toaster oven in summer when it’s too hot to turn on the oven.
Here’s a few other easy pizza recipes you might love!
- Peach and Bocconcini Pizza
- Grilled Veggie, Pesto and Bocconcini Pizza
- Squash and Goat Cheese Pizza
- Taco and Pepper Pita Pizza
- Fruit Pizza
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans or #wandabaker
- 1 piece Tandoori Naan bread
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 1/4-1/2 cup leftover roast chicken shredded or cut up
- 1/4 bell pepper diced or sliced
- few slices red onion, optional
- 1/3 cup grated pizza cheese or mozzarella
- Handful of cilantro torn
- Spread your mango chutney all over the naan.
- Layer on chicken, peppers and red onion if using. Add your cheese.
- Broil in oven for about 2-3 minutes on a baking sheet or pizza stone until cheese melted and bubbling.
- Remove from oven, let sit for a few minutes before slicing. Sprinkle on fresh cilantro. Slice (or not) and serve.