We love burgers and these Tex Mex Burgers are yummy. Having smaller hands I like to be able to hold onto my burger, easily, and it not be so big that it’s all meat. It’s all about the fixin’s for me. A couple years back (wow 5 already!) we started a quest to try & test as many different burger recipes as we could in one summer which came to be known as our Bakers Burger Blast. It became so successful it continues on to this day.
On the menu this time is a chipotle infused burger with a Tex Mex flair. Liking all things spicy (even though I pay for it later) I saw the recipe and immediately added it to last weeks meal plan.
If you do not have a BBQ or do not like to BBQ do not fret. Anyone can cook a burger as they can be cooked in a grill/fry pan on your stove. Before we get started I have a quick tip for you.
Tip: 2 tbsp of chipotle makes the burger a wee bit spicy – the kids noticed. But they still ate them. If you prefer less spice use only 1 tbsp chipotle/adobe sauce. Take leftover pureed chipotle in adobe sauce and freeze in 1 tbsp portions. Ice cube trays work great for this. Once frozen place in ziplocks and it’s ready to go the next time you want to use it.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp grated onion or 1 tbsp dried onion flakes
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 tbsp pureed chipotle/adobe sauce
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp each salt & pepper
- In a bowl mix together your ground beef, onion, garlic, pureed chipotle in adobe sauce, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Form into patties and set aside. We usually end up getting 5 sometimes 6 patties from 1lb ground beef.
- Cook approximately 5 minutes per side on medium high heat (both on stove and/or BBQ).
- Put your grilled burgers on a bun and add your favourite fixin’s. My son and I added the tortilla chips right on the burger…added a nice crunch.
monterey jack cheese with spicy peppers,diced tomatoes,pickled jalapeno peppers,
banana peppers,diced spanish onion,cilantro,
chopped tortilla chips (any variety),
tex mex style cheese sauce (make your own or by one in a jar),
Your favourite buns (mine are ciabatta)