- 1 Salmon Fillet, boneless & skinless portioned into 6 pieces 6 x 6 oz
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- olive oil
Salmon Taco Toppings
- 1 cup green cabbage (nappa) shredded
- 1 cup mango salsa recipe below
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- fresh lime wedges
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and diced into small pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced small
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded & diced small
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1/2 lime zest
- 1/2 lime juice
- sea salt
- small corn or flour tortillas
Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Mix together chili powder, cumin and salt and sprinkle on top of salmon.
Cook the salmon for 4-5 minutes, skin side down to get a good sear on the skin and crisp it up for those who enjoy eating crispy salmon skin.
Flip salmon and cook top side down for another 4-5 minutes or until cooked through in the thickest part. Typically it's 10 minutes per inch of salmon.
Remove from pan, set aside.
Prepare Mango Salsa
Mix together mango through lime juice. Season with a pinch of salt, mix, taste, add more salt if required.
Serve with toppings and warm tortillas.
Serving: 150g | Calories: 44kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 438mg | Potassium: 175mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1210IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 2mg