Spicy Pork Bowls
- 1 tbsp sambal oelek
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp garlic, fresh grated
- 1 tbsp ginger, fresh grated
- 1 tbsp Indonesian Sweet Soy Sauce (kecap manis)
- 2 pork tenderloins, silver skin removed and sliced very thin
- vegetable, canola or olive oil
The Supporting Cast
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into small florets and lightly steamed
- 1 cup fresh spinach, cleaned and sliced thin
- 6 cups cooked Jasmine rice
- 1/2 cup peanuts, roasted and chopped
- few sprigs fresh mint and cilantro
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
Cook the Pork
Add a tbsp of oil to a large, non-stick wok or hot pan. When the oil is hot add 1/4 of the pork. Move around quickly with a wooden spoon to ensure it covers the bottom of the pan.
Keep moving the pork around the pan. I've found a little liquid will come out of the pork, keep the heat on high as you want that liquid to evaporate.
Continue to move the pork around the pan until it gets a nice brown sear on it but is not over cooked. Remove to plate and add more oil and another 1/4 of the pork to the hot pan. Carry on until all the pork is cooked. Disregard any leftover marinade.
Assemble the bowls
Put one cup of cooked rice in each bowl.
In four sections add carrots, broccoli, spinach and a scoop of pork. Sprinkle on garnishes and serve.
Calories: 1069kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 136g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 393mg | Sodium: 1482mg | Potassium: 2777mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 4107IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 8mg