Melt in your mouth Halloween Mummy Cookies are a fun treat we make every year to celebrate the season. These shortbread cookies are easy to make and melt in your mouth!
Who doesn’t love a fun, tasty holiday cookie?! We were never privy to fun Halloween baking growing up so I’m making up for it with my kids!
Every year I try to create something different. These mummy cookies are quick to make, easy on the eyes and one tasty bite!
Artists need not apply
Seriously though don’t fret if your white chocolate bandages don’t go on perfectly. Make these cookies and have fun with it. No one cares really, except you?!
- Allow dough to firm up in refrigerator makes it easier to work with.
- If dough gets too soft, put back in fridge for 30 minutes
- Perfection is over rated. Don’t worry about straight lines when putting on the white chocolate bandages. Have fun!
Our favourite Halloween Recipes:
- Swamp Dip
- Pomegranate and Orange Quinoa Salad (crunchy finger nails and blood clot salad)
- Witches’ Hat Cheese Ball
- Witches Hats
- Creepy Crispy Rice Treats
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans and please comment below!
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 bag miniature chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- In large bowl beat butter, sugar, vanilla and egg until light and fluffy. Sift in flour continuing to stir until dough comes together. Roll into ball. Wrap in plastic and put in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 F. Divide dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into rope 12-14 inches in length. Cut each rope into 4 x 3 inch pieces (this will be your body) and 4 x 1/2 inch lengths (this is your head) of dough. Roll the head pieces into balls and attach to the bodies.
- On parchment lined cookie sheet, place mummy's allowing space in between. Press 2 mini chocolate chips, point sides down in each mummy head for eyes.
- Bake 8-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Pour white chocolate chips into microwave safe bowl and microwave 40-60 seconds or until softened, stirring at 20 second increments. Pour into small ziplock bag and cut off tiny corner of bag. Squeeze to drizzle frosting in a crisscross pattern over cookies to look like mummy bandages. Let stand so chocolate can set.