This campfire baked brie is simply delicious. I’m not your average camper where food is concerned. Yes I love smokies, hot dogs, marshmallows, tin foil suppers, and the like. But I like to experiment. Push the limits and see what I can create. Anyone who camps with me knows there will be some tasty bites to try at least once during our trip. Some times the recipes fail, like this past camping trip….I tried a recipe and it burned to a crisp! Win some lose some. One failure, 3 successes. Pretty good odds in my book!
Pick up the largest brie you can find…trust me it goes fast. Bring along your favourite toppers (olives-tapenade , berry compote, sundried tomatoes, fresh fruit, pulled pork, nuts, etc.). Score the top of the brie, add your toppers, wrap in foil and grill carefully for about 10 minutes, turning once. While cooking grill up some sliced baguette or french bread. Winner Winner this could be your dinner. Dinner for one. Or to share. Either way it’s delicious.
- 1 large round of brie
- ½ cup of your favourite toppers
- olive oil
- aluminum foil
- baguette and/or french bread, sliced
- Place brie on aluminum foil sheet. Score top a couple of times.
- Pour toppers on top and spread around.
- Wrap foil around brie to seal.
- Place in coals in fire for 10 minutes, turning once at 5 minutes.
- Drizzle olive oil on your bread slices and grill a couple minutes per side. Set aside.
- Remove brie from coals, open packet, drizzle with oil and serve with bread.