A classic Italian egg dish, this Chorizo, Leek Frittata can be made for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner any day of the week.
Frittatas are a quick, customizable, light meal you can enjoy anytime. Try it hot or cold, paired with a salad and finished with fresh herbs.
A versatile egg dish, Frittatas can be made using seasonable ingredients or a variety of ingredients including leftovers.
While you can fold and flip your frittata, we prefer the stir and bake method in a cast iron pan. The pan will retain the heat and keep the frittata warm while serving.
Bring the entire pan to the table and serve with a green salad or thick slices of fresh tomato.
- Thoroughly rinse your leeks, remove the dark green end, dry, slice thin
- Use leftover baked potatoes
- Frittata’s need fat to make them creamy – go for the cream
- Remove from oven a few minutes early as the cast iron pan will retain the heat and continue to cook the frittata
- Replace chorizo with mushrooms for a meatless Monday option
Eggs can be a tasty alternative for dinner and we try to make some variation once a week for dinner. Do you have a favourite egg dish?