The smoothie bowl breakfast trend continues to be the gift that keeps on giving. They are still all over instagram and this trend doesn’t appear to be slowing down any time soon. The best thing about a smoothie bowl or smoothie in general is almost anything goes. Your favourite fruit, pick a healthy liquid (juice, cold tea, milk), bananas help thicken, vegetables like avocado and spinach, nuts, spices (we put cinnamon in every smoothie), chocolate – yes chocolate! The combinations are endless and you could have a smoothie a day plus get in several servings of much needed fruits and vegetables.
This raspberry mango swirl smoothie bowl combines two simple and easy to make smoothies. Frozen raspberry with orange juice and banana and frozen mango with orange juice and banana. Each have some added ice for thickness and some cinnamon for the antioxidants.
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 cup orange juice, divided
- 1 banana, cut in half
- 2 tsp cinnamon, divided
- ½ cup ice, divided
- additional mango or raspberries cut up
- Add raspberries, ½ cup orange juice, ½ banana, 1 tsp cinnamon and ¼ cup ice to your blender. Puree until smooth and pour into measuring cup or cup with spout.
- Add mango, ½ cup orange juice, ½ banana, 1 tsp cinnamon and ¼ cup ice to your blender. Puree until smooth and pour into second measuring cup or cup with spout.
- Get your Smoothie Bowl ready.
- With one smoothie in each hand pour both into the bowl at the same time, consistently and keeping pace.
- Top with additional raspberries or mango