Raspberry Creme Brulee is a rich and creamy, easy to make anytime treat. While it may sound like a fancy dessert you only have when you eat out, we are here to show you this dessert can be made at home without too much fuss to the delight of your friends and family.
A creme brulee is a combination of whipping cream and egg yolks. It’s a versatile dessert in that you can change it up to suit the seasons, a special holiday or even a celebration. Chocolate can be added, liqueur, even fresh fruit.
We’ve added fresh raspberries to our velvety, rich custard infusing it with fresh picked raspberries for a light and delicious Spring or Summer dessert. Make the custard the day before you plan to serve it and store keep it in the fridge until ready to brulee and serve.
There are two ways to brulee the top. Invest in a creme brulee torch or bake in the oven as per instructions. We’ve found the torch the better option of the two giving the top the crunchy, delicious topping everyone associates with creme brulee.
- Whipping cream can boil over so watch it carefully
- Strain your custard before pouring into your ramekins
- Once in ramekins remove the bubbles from the surface otherwise your sugar will not brulee properly
- Use paper towel to remove bubbles on custard
- You can make and chill the custard in the ramekins a day ahead
If you are looking to try some different creme brulee recipes, check these out: