Everyone has a classic go to potato salad recipe that they love right? Our Creamy Dijon Dill Potato Salad challenges the classic adding a little bite from the Dijon and zip from the dill.
I think this has got to be one of the best potato salads I’ve ever made and one of the most popular salads we have on the blog.
Was it the fresh dill or was it the Maille Dijon Mustard? Something made this salad delightful and fresh and hard not to devour the entire bowl. The only time my husband eats dill is in his dill pickle chip dip and he surprised me with how much he liked this salad too.
You can either steam your potatoes for this recipe and refrigerate to firm up, or boil cut up, peeled potatoes for 15 minutes letting them cool down spread out on a baking sheet.
I’ve prepared my potatoes both ways and like each cooking method equally. Find what works best for you.
- If boiling your potatoes, do not cut them to small or they could turn to mush. Experience talking.
- Salt your water when boiling potatoes.
- We’ve included a photo of the medium to large sized potatoes we used in this recipe.
- If you can not find Aleppo Pepper use cracked black pepper.
- Chop ingredients bite size. Nothing worse than a potato salad with bites bigger than your mouth.
Love our potato salad?! Try some of our other popular salads:
Disclosure – I am participating in the Maille Mustard Maverick Program with the Food Bloggers of Canada and 14 other food bloggers. I have received compensation as a thank you for participating and for sharing my honest opinion. The opinions on this blog are my own.