We have soft spot for New Orleans since we spent our honeymoon there, (pre-hurricane Katrina). It’s an incredible place to visit…full of history, great blues/jazz and delicious, soulful food. One of many hi-lights for me was going to dinner at NOLA’s (Emeril’s Restaurant). It was just fabulous!
While this recipe is adapted from Atco Blue Flame Kitchen, it was also inspired by our visit to New Orleans. We definitely left our heart there when we left and hope one day we get to go back soon.
- 1lb frozen raw shrimp, thawed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Bamboo skewers
- Soak skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before using. Peel & devein shrimp if not already done leaving tails on. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Combine remaining ingredients (oil through garlic) in a ziplock bag. Add shrimp to bag, seal and squishy to coat shrimp with marinade. Let stand 30 minutes on the counter or longer in the fridge if you have time. Remove shrimp from marinade and discard marinade. Pat the shrimp dry if they are too wet. Thread onto skewers. Grill shrimp over medium heat on natural gas BBQ until shrimp are pink & opaque (3 minutes per side).