Father’s Day is around the corner and there are so many great things to do with dad in Calgary. From planes and fishing, to runs and Jazz walks, there is something for everyone.
Check out some of these fun activities!
1. Wings & Wheels at the Aero Space Museum of Calgary: Now entering their fifth year, Wings & Wheels returns with a few select cockpits open for viewing, vintage vehicles and motorcycles on display, and the opportunity to take a helicopter city tour with your family (for an additional cost). They tend to offer kids activities and best of all, dad is FREE with a paid admission!
2. Do it for Dads Day Walk & Run: In 2015 it was estimated 66 Canadian Men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer every day. The Do it for Dads Walk Run 5KM is a fun, family-friendly event, hosted on Father’s Day, that raises awareness and funds for the leading cancer affecting Canadian men and the families that love them. So get out there and Do it for Dads Everywhere!
3. Park Fest at Ralph Klein Park: Bring your family and friends to Ralph Klein Park for an afternoon of free activities and entertainment. Enjoy face painting, pond dipping, guided walks, nature crafts and more. Learn about Canada’s largest man-made wetland, visit the park’s Environmental Education Centre and explore the wonders of nature all around.
4. Bow Habitat Station: Go Fishing! The Kids Can Catch Trout Pond aims to educate and inspire youth to learn to fish and to be responsible anglers.
5. Cabela’s Father’s Day Fun: Kids and families will enjoy getting to know law enforcement, the Canadian Forces and EMT personnel through games and good fun. Buy lunch with proceeds going to Special Olympics, try Hover-Ball Archery or Master Scope Mounting. Lots of great fun to be had.
6. Fort Calgary’s Father’s Day Brunch: Fort Calgary is located just east of downtown Calgary on a 40-acre site. Open year-round, the Fort offers Calgarians and their guests fun, interactive exhibits, tours and school programs. Enjoy lunch and then the Fort. Reservations recommended.
7. Rad Dad Day at Calaway Park: Let the thrill-seeker in dad come alive and get FREE admission when accompanied by a child (hopefully his)!!
8. Jazz Walk in Inglewood: From 12-6pm grab a coffee or tea and wander through Inglewood to check out the tunes or join AJ Proc for a guided tour.
9. Try a new Restaurant for Brunch: Several restaurants are offering up a delicious brunch for dad. Check out the availability through open table and book the time and place that works for you.