For several years now I’ve caught wind about these apple nachos. They seem to be the ubiquitous snack of our time. Walking past a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory one day I was ogling the candied apples. And it hit me, apple nachos are really just a deconstructed candied apple. How clever.
My kids love apples and so inspired by the candy apples, I decided to make them this treat using whatever goods I could find in the pantry. Unfortunately supplies were low, but I did find some things I thought would work. Plus I wanted to make it fun since I’ve always found when you make food fun for kids they are more apt to want to try it without the battle. And it lets your own creative side shine through.
So I surprised my minions with these apple flower nachos. They were fun and a hit! Next time I will make them for lunch and add some nut butter to the dish to jazz it up a bit.
- 2 apples any kind, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 tbsp pecans chopped and toasted if time allows
- caramel sauce
- chocolate sauce
- Arrange your apple slices on a plate in the shape of a flower.
- Place your marshmallows in the centre of the flower.
- Sprinkle on pecans and chocolate chips.
- Drizzle on chocolate sauce and caramel sauce.