I’m thrilled to share with you these cookies took 3rd place in a Canada Wide contest sponsored by the Food Bloggers of Canada and Eat In Eat Out digital magazine! The contest was the Christmas in July Cookie Contest 2012.
A couple years ago I started buying hubs Vosges Bacon Candy Chocolate Bars for his stocking at Christmas. He is hard to buy for and I was getting desperate when I heard about these chocolate bars. Well elated does not even describe how we felt after tasting bacon & chocolate together. This is a match made in heaven.
And so calling all Bacon Lovers and Chocolate Lovers. I’ve been inspired by Vosges and wanted to create a chocolate chip cookie with bacon. I decided to take it a step further and add peanut butter to my bacon, chocolate chip cookie creation…booya!
What I came up with was a lovely tasting cookie that is not too sweet. Of all the flavour profiles in this cookie none are over powering…..instead you get a little bit of everything in each bite. Bacon lovers stand united and chocolate reigns supreme in the delightful bacon infused chocolate chip cookie.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup Reese minis peanut butter cups chopped
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup bacon cooked & chopped
- In a bowl beat your butter & peanut butter until smooth. Add in your brown sugar & white sugar mixing to combine. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together your baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and flour.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture. Gently stir in your chocolate chips, bacon and chopped peanut butter cups.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheets, approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake in 375 F oven for 13 minutes, rotating pans after 7 minutes. Let cool completely on racks.