If you like blue cheese and stuffed mushrooms you will love these delectable bites otherwise known as blue cheese pecan stuffed mushrooms.
Another favourite in our house during the holidays and always devoured almost immediately!
- 40 white mushrooms (small - medium size)
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 4-5 tbsp blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp pecans, chopped small
- 1-2 tbsp green onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp basil, dried
- ¼ tsp pepper
- salt to taste & pull out flavours of ingredients
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
- Remove stems from mushrooms and reserve for another use (like mushroom stock). Set aside caps.
- Using mixer (medium speed) or wooden spoon, beat together cream cheese, blue cheese, pecans, green onion, basil, salt and pepper until blended.
- Stuff mushroom caps with cheese mixture, mounding slightly. Place stuffed mushrooms on a parchment lined baking pan.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until cheese bubbles & browns a little. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
- Do not freeze.