I love bowl food. It’s hearty, filling and mostly healthy depending on ingredients. When I make it at home, it’s always healthy. When I have it out it’s full of inspiration and for the most part a bowl full of good stuff.
I’ve had a love affair with brown rice going on for over 20 years thanks to my mom and since it’s part of the rotation, my husband even likes it. We top it with salty feta cheese & fresh herbs. If brown rice is not your thing try making this bowl with white rice or even quinoa.
I finished it with a Cilantro Lime Drizzle but you can use your favourite dressing if cilantro is not your thing or use a different herb like basil or parsley. If you are on the Wild Rose Detox you have to keep your dressing simple (olive oil, citrus, herbs, s&p). I called this a drizzle as it doesn’t contain vinegar and technically a vinaigrette does.
As always recipes can be changed up to suit your tastes. Add chicken or protein if you want some meat, omit the jalapenos if you don’t like the extra heat!
- 1/2 - 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup peppers & spanish onion chopped
- 1/4 cup cooked lentils
- 1/4 cup brussels sprouts lightly sauteed
- 1/4 cup baby tomatoes halved
- 1-2 radishes sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno cut thin and sauteed lightly
- 2-3 small bocconcini balls
- Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Put brown rice in bowl.
- Add each item on top of brown rice.
- Pour on some of your Cilantro Lime Drizzle & serve.