I really like bulgur wheat and this Bulgur Salad with Arugula & Grapes is my new favourite. I’ve been eating it in tabbouleh for over 20 years. One more thing I can thank my mom for since she is the one who first ventured into the world of tabbouleh and healthy eating many moons ago.
Thing is you can add almost anything to grains and make them yummy. I would eat them every day if I could and have started cooking with different grains on a regular basis.
This combination of flavours is lovely. The grapes add sweetness. The feta is salty and lime adds some tang. The toasted walnuts bring a whole new flavour profile of nutty goodness to the salad. And the arugula and you have a great tasting salad.
I made this for a group of friends during a reunion of sorts. They all loved it.
- 3/4 cup fine Bulgur wheat
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup feta crumbled
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup arugula
- Place bulgur in a bowl. Cover with boiling water and give a quick stir. Cover bowl and let sit 20-30 minutes or until water is absorbed and bulgur tender.
- Stir in lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add your cheese, grapes, walnuts and green onions. Mixing well. Spoon into a bowl or on a plate and top with a good handful of arugula. Serve immediately.