Our Chicken Noodle Stir-Fry is full of tasty vegetables, marinated chicken, egg noodles and a whole lot of flavour!
Stir-fries can be many things. An easy clean out your fridge dinner, a healthy meal after an all you can eat holiday, a quick dinner on a busy evening or as simple or complicated as you choose to make it. This Chicken Noodle Stir-Fry is a quick dinner on a busy night in our house. You could make this meal every day of the week changing up your proteins, veggies, carbs and flavour add ins and never have the same meal. I definitely need to stir fry more.
I tend to learn towards chow mein noodles or rice when I stir fry, however this time while browsing the International aisle in the grocery store, egg noodles called my name. So I called back and they came home with me. Get the whole family involved in chopping and dinner is ready in no time at all.
- 6 chicken thighs cut in small strips
- 3 carrots
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 green onions sliced on diagonal
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup whole cashews toasted
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sherry
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp chicken stock
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 400 gr. instant egg noodles
- In a plastic bag combine 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp sherry, 1/4 tsp sugar, 1 tbsp chicken stock, 1 tsp cornstarch to make your marinade. Add chicken, squish bag to ensure all chicken pieces coated, zip up and set aside. Marinate for minimum 30 minutes.
- Trim, peel and thinly slice the carrots on an angle. Cut the broccoli into small florets and slice the green onion in about 1/2 inch pieces.
- Combine ginger and garlic in a bowl and set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions, then drain and toss in a little oil. Pour into bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add chicken and stir fry for 2 minutes. Toss in ginger and garlic cooking for another minute or until chicken is golden. Remove chicken from pan and place in bowl.
- To make the stir fry sauce whisk together 1 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tbsp sherry and 2 tbsp chicken stock. Set aside.
- Add a little splash of oil to your preheated wok and add carrots, broccoli and green onions. Stir fry for 2 minutes then add 2 tbsp water and place lid on wok to steam vegetables. After approximately 2 minutes toss in your cooked noodles and chicken .
- Stir in bean sprouts and stir-fry sauce. Stir really well, put lid on and and remove from heat.
- Top with cashews and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Here’s how we did it.