In honour of Valentine’s Day we made two delicious recipes we’ve tried and tried again. They are just that good. The kids and I made the brownies last week and decided to serve it with vanilla ice cream and a homemade chocolate sauce. We highly recommend you do the same.
- 3/4 cup - white sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 8 0 z bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp each baking soda & salt
- 4 oz white chocolate chopped
- IN saucepan over med-high heat, bring sugar, butter and 2 tbsp water to boil. Mix well. Remove from heat and stir in half of the bittersweet chocolate. Whisk until melted and let cool for 10 minutes. Whisk in eggs, 1 at a time, whisk in vanilla.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into chocolate mixture. Stir in remaining chocolate (all).
- Pour into parchment lined 9-inch square metal cake pan.
- Bake in centre of 325F oven for 30 minutes or until tester inserted in centre comes out almost clean.
- Let cool on rack.