This Cranberry Orange Pistachio Bark is insanely delicious. I make it late Fall with the intent on keeping it in the freezer and getting a head start on my Christmas goodies. Best laid intentions right?!
The truth is it’s very rare that it even makes it until Christmas (whoops) meaning a second batch is usually required. One of my mom’s friends used to make a bark like this at Christmas only she used dark chocolate. I find the white chocolate looks prettier.
Wrap it up in a lovely box with ribbon, and you have a delicious edible Christmas gift. Some candied orange peel would be equally delicious.
- 1.5 lb white chocolate
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1-2 tsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt chocolate in the top of a double boiler or on low heat in microwave. Let cool and set aside.
- Roast pistachios 3-5 minutes (do not overcook). Set aside.
- Add cranberries, pistachios and orange zest into melted & cooled chocolate. Pour onto parchment or foil lined cookie sheet (or jelly roll pan, the larger the better). Refrigerate for 30 minutes, remove and break into pieces.
- Store in a ziplock freezer bag and if not using right away, store it in the freezer.