Make the kids an unforgettable Easter Egg Lunch full of all their favourite snacking foods! Prepare a clear, plastic egg carton and some colourful plastic Easter eggs, than fill them with goodies!
Easter Egg Lunch
Kids love to eat with their hands, especially their fingers so when mine were little I would make them Easter Egg Lunch both at home and I would send it in their lunch to school. This idea can be used for lunches, snacks or even desserts or candy filled!
They are bigger now (tweens) and high school kids therefore small lunches like this will not be enough to fill them up and they will come home growling that I didn’t give them enough food. So we move on to normal sized lunches. We still give them these fun egg cartons only filled with sweet treats and sometimes candy!
Here’s what you will need to get make your own Easter Egg Lunch.
- A six pack egg carton works best as it fits perfectly into lunch boxes and bags, and is not overwhelming (one per child)
- Colourful, clean plastic Easter eggs, give them a quick wash in advance
- Snacks chopped up and ready to go
You can totally individualize these based on the kids likes. Could be all veggies and fruit. Or pepperoni and cheese. Make them completely gluten-free, nut free, dairy free, vegetarian or even vegan if you choose to.
Lunch or Snack Ideas We’ve Tried
- ham, turkey, chicken, pepperoni, sausage
- cheese sticks or cubes
- vegetables, fruit
- any kind of crackers that will fit, pretzels, chips
- dried fruit
- mini sandwich shaped with a small cookie cutter
- candy, chocolate
- cereal like cheerios
This is one of our favourite Easter traditions and fun for kids of all ages. Make sure you have your egg cartons in advance and then have fun with it!
If you made this recipe tag Wanda Baker on Instagram and hashtag it #bakersbeans or #wandabaker