Always on the hunt for a light, easy, and tasty dessert, this is one of those recipes I discovered a long time ago and it quickly became a favourite. Over the years it’s evolved, and gets made differently, but the basics remain the same. One of my favourite renditions of this treat is a Valentine’s Day version. Instead of using candy canes, I crush up cinnamon hearts. I like to experiment with this treat during holidays and change up the candy based on the event. This has been part of the fun.
This dessert is a great make ahead & take treat. Quick and easy to put together and you can make them up to one week in advance. These desserts stay in the freezer until you are ready to serve. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and crushed candy canes. It’s a light dessert that looks spectacular on a plate, and a perfect finish to a heavy meal.
This is my kind of easy during a busy holiday meal.
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup whipping cream whipped
- 1 cup crushed candy canes
- 16 foil baking cups
- 1 cup whipping cream whipped for serving
- Christmas sprinkles
- Drop baking cups into a 12 cup (large) muffin pan. Place extra baking cups into custard cups or another muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat your cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in condensed milk and vanilla, mixing to combine.
- Carefully fold in 1 1/4 cup of whipping cream and 1/2 cup crushed candy canes.
- Pour mixture into baking cups about 2/3 full. Cover with foil and freeze overnight.