You know how certain foods remind you of certain times in your life? This pizza is one of them. It brings me back to my days living in Vancouver, Billie Holiday, Blue Rodeo, and dinners consisting of wine & popcorn. Those were also the days where I used to swoon over the Vancouver Province every Wednesday or Thursday as it was recipe day in the paper, and I was always eager to see what recipes would be shared.
From picnics to potlucks, or lunch time office parties, this pizza is the perfect guest. I’ve even brought it along to a baby shower. You can change up the fruit based on the time of the year, and what’s in season. Brighten up a gloomy day with a fruit pizza.
- Fruit Pizza
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup Apricot Jam
- 1 tbsp water
- Fresh fruit
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix first 5 ingredients together in a bowl until it comes together and you can form a ball. Press onto bottom of pizza pan. If you lay parchment down first it will allow you to remove pizza easily to a cake platter.
- Bake for approx 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- To make icing beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Spread evenly over pizza crust.
- Arrange your fruit on top.
- Mix together apricot jam & water. If you wish you can run it through a sieve to remove chunks of apricot. I left the apricot pieces in this time.
- Pour glaze over fruit and serve.