I have a family of chickens..er chicken lovers. We definitely eat our share of bird. There so many ways to prepare chicken and/or turkey the opportunities are endless. My kids love meat on a stick and so kabobs or satay’s are one way we eat chicken regularly. It’s easy and it’s fun, as long as they are not stabbing each other at the table.
Still on a Maille Mustard kick (Mustard Maverick) I wanted to do a chicken kabob with mustard. And with a bowl full of summer fresh peaches I wanted to take it a step further and do a peach/chicken mustard kabob. So I threw a bunch of ingredients into a bowl and this is what came of it.
A dish like this is perfect for camping. Get everything marinating in the bag or bowl, toss it into your fridge or cooler, gently pack a couple peaches and some skewers and you will be good to go. Really it’s that easy to look like a superstar in the campsite. It could also be a quick meal depending how long you let your chicken marinate.
Grilled peaches are delicious no matter how you prepare them. Their natural sweetness comes out. If you are not sure about peaches, try pineapple. Equally divine. The marinade also worked well with grilled shrimp.
I served this dish with brown rice, sliced carrots and green beans from our garden and grilled corn cut up. Simply perfect.
Disclosure – I am participating in the Maille Mustard Maverick Program with the Food Bloggers of Canada and 14 other food bloggers. I have received compensation as a thank you for participating and for sharing my honest opinion. The opinions on this blog are my own.
- 4 tbsp Maille Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- splash sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp rosemary fresh & chopped
- splash of soy sauce
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 3 chicken breasts boneless and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 ripe peaches pits removed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- If your skewers are wood, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before using. Whisk together all of the ingredients except chicken & peaches, in a small dish. Add about half the marinade to a ziplock bag, then drop in your chicken cubes. Close and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes or in the refrigerator up to 4 hours before using.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on skewers alternating with peach pieces.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat and grill kabobs for 10-13 minutes or until cooked through. Baste with leftover marinade.
- Serve with salad, in a pita, with grains or rice.