As you can tell by the original date, this grilled peanut butter & banana panini recipe has been around awhile. More often than not when I make it for myself I use a crunchy almond nut butter. For the kids its peanut butter since that is their nut butter of choice.
If you’re anything like me you have too many small appliances to count. So a great way to make a panini style sandwich is to use 2 heavy bottom pans (cast iron works). One to put the sandwich in and a heavy one to put on top and “press” the sandwich down. Sometimes it takes a couple of times to get it figured out but when you do…presto you will have a panini style sandwich without the panini maker. Easy, right?
In the past I have added honey or cinnamon honey and nutella to this sandwich. Quick, easy and no complaints = my kind of cooking.
- 4 slices bread (your favourite bread)
- ¼ cup peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled & sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Preheat grill or fry pan. Spray with a little Pam.
- Spread peanut butter evenly over all 4 slices of bread. Top 2 of the bread slices with banana and place remaining bread slices on top.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Dip the sandwiches into the egg mixture (french toast style) until coated on both sides. Place in pan and top with heavy pot/pan.
- Grill a couple of minutes per side pending your grill/fry pan. Remove to cutting board, let sit for a minute or two, slice and serve.