A new year means healthier eating right? But what about the cookies?
With resolutions of healthier eating it’s hard to give up snacks. So let’s talk oatmeal cookies, which come in all shapes and sizes. They really do. Soft and chewy, with ginger, chocolate chips, raisins, cinnamon and more. Everyone has a favourite and/or a favourite recipe they love. When I was a kid, my mom would make us papaya oatmeal cookies. I haven’t had one of those in years. But I found her recipe so it’s coming. To satisfy our sweet tooth and help get us through the first month of the year, we whipped up these Honey Cranberry Cookies.
We’ve added cranberries, honey and sunflower seeds into this cookie to make us feel better about eating it. It works! And is the perfect January, get back to healthy, cookie treat to allow yourself on cheat days. Or in between.
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pourable honey
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups large flake oats
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream together butter, sugar and honey. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Mix in oats, flour, baking soda, salt until combined. Lightly stir in cranberries and sunflower seeds.
- Drop onto parchment lined baking sheets in 1 inch spoonfuls.
- Bake in oven, rotating pans half way through for 10 - 12 minutes.