We had friends over for a BBQ the other night and I always have to try at least one new recipe when people are over. I love to experiment and love it even more when I have people to test recipes on! Since it was a warm day I opted for colder appetizers and decided on jumbo grilled shrimp with a tasty citrus aioli. If you can not find jumbo shrimp in your store, use regular sized shrimp instead.
Grilled shrimp are lovely with any type of flavoured Aioli. We paired these with a Citrus Aioli.
- 12 oz raw unfrozen jumbo shrimp deveined (I left peel on)
- 1 tbsp oil olive or canola
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp old bay seasoning if you have it
- salt & pepper 1/4 tsp each
- In storage bag combine all ingredients. Squishly bag to ensure ingredients are blended together with shrimp. Let sit approximately 30 minutes.
- Over medium high heat grill shrimp about 2 minutes per side (total of 4 minutes) or until they are pink and opaque. Transfer to plate, let cool and place in fridge until ready to serve.